Search Engine Optimization
* Flagship Feature
In simple terms, search engine optimization (SEO) helps more people find your website (it got you here didn’t it?). SEO is like everything else on the computer. Frightening to those who don't know how to use it! Worse yet, the market is completely saturated with SEO freelancers, firms and buzzwords all with similar services and offerings!
"How did this happen and how the hell can I find SEO for my site?"
Having success implementing SEO is rewarding for marketers and valuable to businesses – basically it means reaching a target audience and making money!
How is it done?
First and foremost, you (already) have a set of phrases that are what people type into their search engine to find you. This could be your company name, mission statement, slogan, or a product name. On a website, these phrases need to be on appropriate pages to funnel users to where you need them to go. Usually a call-to-action. This is the essence of SEO.
Here are a few common implementation strategies to get those phrases on the right pages. This also applies to updating these phrases - as trends, products, pages, and search algorithms change:
- Individual case-by-case: the webmaster manages each page of the website individually, optimizing it to increase rank. This strategy takes the most time, but has the best results. Each page gets the love and care it needs by the webmaster to continue to win the results everyone hopes for.
- Automated software: This is generally an enterprise solution requiring in the 10’s of thousands of dollars. Depending on the implementation it may or may not automatically update pages of the website like in the case-by-case strategy. The majority of the cost is the software or licensing fees. These programs handle multiple sites at the same time tracking search engine traffic, internal searches, ads, social media, and external referrals. They also read and log the ranks of your competitors’ pages and competing phrases, and your relationship with them. They come with beautiful reports full of graphs and numbers for analysis by marketing departments.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): With accounts at places like raventools.com or wordtracker.com, the monitoring, research and more can be managed automagically on a month-to-month basis. These and other sites have been around a long time and are useful as a middle ground for medium-sized businesses (who rely on web traffic) and may be between in-house management and a fully automated enterprise solution.
- Open-Source: depending on your website software, there may be tools included (or that can be installed) to manage SEO tasks making this the most economical option (sometimes even free!). Many CMS’s like Wordpress and Drupal include scripts that perform SEO basics. The open-source code can additionally be modified for a purpose, and that’s what we do at Morrison Multimedia Inc. We provide:
- Custom Software: The tools that only you need for your specific implementation. If you’re targeting a specific audience, you may not require ALL the tools and gadgets you pay for in an SEO solution. Plus, depending on your data, extra attention can be paid to the tasks most valuable to your business. This can encompass the best parts of all previously mentioned strategies - specific to your business or product.
The majority of users don't browse through more than the first few pages (if that) of search results. Morrison Multimedia Inc. knows the process of improving visibility of a web page in organic, un-paid search results. In fact, of the top 10 search results, you should own more than just the top spot. We generally aim to hold at least 5 of the top 10 results for all of our clients, to ensure we reach our intended audience.
When it comes to SEO for businesses who want to take a more active role in their strategy, or have a staff that can, we mould software to do exactly that. In our deliverables, we like to strike a good balance between automation, optimization, and reality.
An industry of consultants offer SEO as a stand-alone service. Morrison Multimedia Inc. believes it is part of our clients expectations. We build all our websites with pride in the fact that our sites are not just stylish but reach the audience they are targeting.