Island Summer Games
- team registrations - 6 sports and 6 registration fees, pay for registration using paypal. Choose a sport and signup your team!
- people who register and pay for a team can invite members and non-members of the site to join their team
- team managers can choose to allow people to join their team using a password, or by only inviting specific people, or by allowing other members to join - for which they will have to be approved by the team manager
- TOURNAMENTS - care of the Drupal tournament module
- Round robin, single and double-round knockout tournaments
- schedules with dates and times of each game in the tournament
- the ability for team members to log in and find out when and where their matches are, the scores, and their team's standing in the tournament!
I could write a thousand bullet points as to what users of this website will be able to use, and stand to benefit from - when it comes to the Island Summer Games.
I build customized websites, based on careful requirements gathering and compilation. When a customer hires me, my specialty is to put a desired business process into code. If they are already using the process outside of any code, and the process can be defined concretely, there's no reason why it can't be made into code - which consequently streamlines their existing process and has many other advantages. A customer may not know what an HTML tag is, but they know their customers and how to run their business. I have the fortune, and fortunate ability to be able to spend my time translating business policies and processes into code using programming I do myself (and share from open source communities, of course). Life couldn't be better. The whole idea is to make lives easier; if my customer tells me the end result of my work means they have less work every day, my job is done. I have provided endless value.
Put it this way, if you have a paper form that all of your customers need to fill out, you should be able to put that form on your website so customers can print and fill it out ahead of time. But wouldn't it be cool if they could submit their form using the website, and you could always log into the website and see all submissions ever entered? No more filing cabinets! Well, kind of.
Not everybody's website needs to run ball tournaments with a live feeds of standings and results. But maybe there's a task or process or two that can be automated. Use the contact page and send me a message if you have any questions about how this could apply to your business. In this day and age, it doesn't take a whole lot of code to come up with something awesome and make your life easier.