In this episode of Startups For The Rest Of Us, Rob and Mike talk about the importance of consistency. They reminisce about how the podcast has evolved over the years and the benefits of putting an episode out week after week.Comments
I have had this screen issue for a while since last year and at one point it was completely clear picture, like nothing had happened. Then not long ago when I moved back into my mother's house it started again, but green splotchy screen all over and then short time after that it seemed to have gotten a little bit worse, so next came along the pink 'tinge' and now all the windows are bold hot pink backgrounds, there are some other discolorations, and green diagonal lines flickering. I can obviously still some what see and slightly just read things on screen but is very difficult and poor visual overall, and I can still use it but it is very limited reason being because of said problems. If there are any tips or instructions of how to fix the problem please let me know as this is a very annoying and frustrating complication.
After going through all the steps to resolve this issue, I ended up on the following problem:
- Cannot browse certain Microsoft websites from IE 8 under Windows XP Mode (SP3) under Windows 7 virtual PC.
Summary of what I did:
- Set network adaptor of the XP Mode to use same network adaptor of Windows 7
- Setup XP Machine to join the same network of the host
- Setup Admin user to be the same network user of the host
- Allow the Admin user to remote admin into XP Mode
- Download Chrome Browser 49 (for XP) to be able to download IE 7 since IE 6 didn't work at all
- Used IE 7 to initiate XP Updates until it reached XP SP3 and installed IE 8
- Turn on automatic updates for XP and keep the machine running for 48 hours to install all updates, and monitor to restart if required
- Used Chrome browser to download all other fixes / updates needed that IE 8 was unable to download
- Contact MS Support, and told me that IE 8 doesn't work properly under Windows XP
Now, XP mode is working fine, but the following issues:
- Cannot browse certain Microsoft websites from IE 8. I did everything you can imagine and can cannot image to solve this problem, but no luck!!!
- Windows XP Help and Support option cannot connect to the Internet
But, thanks to Chrome, it works like a charm!
Can you help to make IE 8 and Windows Help and Support to work properly?
Hi after I put my computer in to get fixed in came back with no Microsoft on it.
I cant locate my CD or ID but don't want to pay for another so how can I retrieve it?
How can I activate my legitimate windows xp which is used in old machine's PC? There is no more support for win xp from official sites.
I have a acer 4740 Travelmate laptop, I recently deleted Ubuntu without using any software such as easybcd etc... And when I restarted my pc it started giving me grub error and after some research online I used a Ubuntu live usb and installed Ubuntu 14 on my laptop .. After this the laptop is still not functioning as it doesn't boot properly it directly goes to windows and windows crash within seconds. How ever it shows start windows in safe mode, cmd mode, last know best configuration etc but even after using those option the windows crashes and it keeps on restating. Can someone help me how to fix it???
Thanks for your time!!!
I would like continue windows xp but I can't activate it , have you a solution for keeping it always activate
can i share windows 10 from one device to my desktop
In this episode of Startups For The Rest Of Us, Rob talks with Derrick Reimer, co-founder of Drip, about his new SaaS application Level. They talk about what inspired the idea as well as ways Derrick went about trying to validate it.Related Stories
Getting message to check for new definitions Windows Defender.
After checking ( many times ) message says "No new files or updates available.
Last Auto Update was on June11,2018 Def Version 1.269.1075.0
i buy product key but i did not get it for windows 7 but it said to ask u to get it but i look at my mail but its not there